Unlock the secrets of energizing stadiums and arenas with our exclusive interview featuring Sean Bovelsky, the man behind the music of Tampa’s pro sports scene and Olympic Games. Whether you’re an aspiring sports DJ or a fan eager to learn about the art of game day entertainment, this episode is a must-watch! And remember to claim your free gift at https://www.ronnyleber.com/gift, designed to help you maximize your potential in the world of sports and entertainment!
- 00:00 Intro & Meet Sean Bovelsky
- 02:15 From high school radio via Miami to the Tampa Bay Lightning DJ
- 03:45 Adapting to the specialties of an ice hockey DJ
- 05:27 The evolution of sound systems from cassettes, insta-cards, CDs to computers
- 07:14 How to increase your flexibility
- 08:38 What makes a song work for an audience
- 10:29 How Sean became the DJ with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 11:51 The biggest difference between ice hockey and football
- 13:09 How to stay laser focused for 3 hours and more
- 14:26 Taking out 500 seats in the Lightning arena to install a church organ
- 16:01 The magic of an organ in American sports arenas
- 17:11 Adapting to best serve every audience
- 19:15 The process of game day entertainment inside the NHL & NFL
- 21:02 Choice of music for the games
- 21:38 Difference between a club DJ and a stadium DJ
- 24:27 How to deal with public criticism and internet trolls
- 26:09 Magic Moments with the Tampa Bay Lightning and Stanley Cup Rings
- 29:39 Magic Moments with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 32:01 The frenzy about Tom Brady with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 33:57 Interaction with the sports stars
- 34:38 How is it to work at Olympic Games, Panamerican Games and Youth Olympics
- 38:50 Sledge hockey miracle on ice at the Vancouver Paralympics 2010
- 40:23 How to stay up to date as a DJ from radio, streaming and TikTok
- 42:10 The power of networking and building a community
- 43:20 NFL game in Munich and creating a special atmosphere in the stadium
- 44:59 How important is networking to get better yourself
- 46:01 How to work in the sports industry?
- 46:55 What events Sean still wants to work at?
- 48:07 How to get in contact with Sean Bovelsky
- 48:35 Final inspiration and closing
Dive into the electrifying world of sports DJing with Sean Bovelsky, aka DJ Bolt, the sound of the west coast of Florida, and the man behind the music at 3 Olympic Games, several Stanley Cup Finals, and Super Bowls! Join us on the Ronny Leber Show as we explore his inspiring journey from high school radio to becoming the DJ and Music Director of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tampa Bay Lightning. Don’t miss this episode packed with insights and stories of success from one of the industry’s most accomplished professionals.
In this must-watch interview, we cover:
- Sean’s incredible path to becoming a renowned sports DJ
- The evolution of sound systems and DJ technology
- Crucial differences between club DJing and stadium DJing
- Secrets to staying laser-focused during long events
- The power of networking and building a community in the sports industry
- How to work in the sports industry and get noticed
- And much more!
Get ready for an exciting and informative conversation with Sean Bovelsky, who shares his wisdom on the art of DJing, adapting to different audiences, and the process of game day entertainment in the NHL and NFL. We also discuss his magic moments with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and his experiences at the Olympic Games, Panamerican Games, and Youth Olympics.
Whether you’re an aspiring sports DJ, a die-hard sports fan, or just someone who loves a great story of success and overcoming obstacles, this episode has something for everyone. So buckle up and get ready to be inspired by the man who’s been spinning the soundtrack of Tampa’s pro sports scene and major international events!
This weeks guest: Pro Sports DJ Sean Bovelsky