Want to know the secrets of how to become an event producer on a global scale? In this inspiring interview you can learn from Christy Nicolay who has executive produced more Olympic and Paralympic Ceremonies than any other person in the world. Also get your free gift at https://www.ronnyleber.com/gift
- 00:00 Introduction & Meet Christy Nicolay
- 03:00 How Christy got started on television
- 07:55 Getting to MTV in the early days of MTV
- 08:40 The guiding force to success in your career
- 10:03 Following your passion to the XGames and how to find it
- 12:41 Money vs passion in career in Hollywood and the sports business
- 13:55 Transitioning from television to live event Olympic Games production
- 16:51 What’s important to produce an event for a live audience
- 18:42 Producing André Agassi’s final match
- 20:18 What makes a great experience for an audience at an event
- 22:14 The recipe to prepare for the perfect event
- 23:47 How to stay up to date with new trends and technologies
- 25:20 Creating an emotional experience for your audience
- 26:29 The experience of Christy’s first Olympic Games in 2000 in Sydney
- 27:45 Sharing the magic moment of carrying the Olympic torch
- 33:05 Working with Olympic Champions Shawn White, Johnny Mosley, Michael Johnson and Muhammad Ali
- 35:42 Producing the opening of the Atlantis hotel at the Bahamas with Michael Jackson, Grace Jones and Leonardo di Caprio
- 38:30 The weirdest request Christy ever got from an athlete
- 41:05 Serena Williams and Andy Roddick’s favorite entrance musics
- 41:51 Biggest difference between sports entertainmnent in Europe and the US on the example of the NFL Munich Game
- 43:40 What are the necessary requirements for a career in sports entertainment
- 45:46 The Van Wagner Academy for sports productions
- 47:01 How to get in touch with Christy Nicolay
- 47:43 Closing thoughts and parting motivation
Welcome to The Ronny Leber Show! In this episode, we are joined by Christy Nicolay, the executive producer of the most Olympic Ceremonies in the world. With over 30 years of experience in television and live event production, Christy has worked with some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment.
In the first few minutes of the interview, Ronny and Christy discuss how she got started in television and how she made her way to MTV in the early days of the network. Christy shares some valuable insights on what it takes to be successful in your career, emphasizing the importance of following your passion.
As the interview progresses, Christy talks about her transition from television to live event production and what it takes to produce a successful event for a live audience. She also shares some memorable experiences from her career, including producing André Agassi’s final match and working with Olympic champions Shawn White, Johnny Mosley, Michael Johnson, and Muhammad Ali.
Christy also shares some tips on how to stay up-to-date with new trends and technologies, and how to create an emotional experience for your audience. She talks about her experience producing the opening of the Atlantis hotel in the Bahamas, which featured Michael Jackson, Grace Jones, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
As the interview comes to a close, Christy shares some of the weirdest requests she’s ever received from athletes, and talks about the differences between sports entertainment in Europe and the US, using the example of the NFL Munich Game. She also discusses the necessary requirements for a career in sports entertainment and shares information about the Van Wagner Academy for sports productions.
If you’re interested in learning more about Christy Nicolay and her incredible career in sports and entertainment, be sure to watch this episode of The Ronny Leber Show. And if you want to get in touch with Christy, she provides her contact information at the end of the interview. Thanks for tuning in, and we’ll see you next time!
This weeks guest: Olympic Ceremony Producer Christy Nicolay
Van Wagner: https://www.vanwagner.com/